Playlist Thursday: A Beautiful Duo and Other Things

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Have I mentioned just how much I love the music world of Tumblr? It's like the wardrobe to Narnia, Platform 9 and 3/4, The Rabbit Hole, The Looking Glass. It's amazing and if I had the time, I would seriously have a blog just for the music I find on there.

My first pick for my playlist this week has to be an album I found on Tumblr this past weekend.

1. Farthest Field by Daniel Martin Moore and Joan Shelley

I first heard the song Sweetly By and instantly fell in love. There is something about beautiful harmonies, pure voices, and soft instruments that always get me. If you have Spotify, I highly suggest checking out the beautiful duets these two have written. And one more suggestion, listen to their music on a rainy day whilst wrapped in a sweater. If it's not raining outside visit the tested and true Rainymood.

2. Born to Die by Lana Del Rey 

I can't believe I am featuring her whole album on a playlist. As you know, I wasn't the BIGGEST fan of Lana Del Rey. In fact, I had a lot of mean things to say about her. Yes she is a weird mix of classy trashy, but I really can't stop listening to her music. Sorry if she's not your thing, and I'm sorry if you blush at some of her lyrics. I just have a strange addiction. Don't judge.

3. Remember When by Chris Wallace 

"Oh we where flying so high, yeah partners in crime, so why'd we ever say goodbye?"
 
An iTunes Freebie! Go get it now! 

4. Give Your Heart a Break by Demi Lovato 

"'Cause you've been hurt before I can see it in your eyes. You try to smile it away, some things you can't disguise. Don't wanna break your heart, baby, I can ease the ache."

I really love Demi's voice. She was one of those Disney Channel stars that could actually sing. There weren't many of those.

5. Blood Brothers by Ingrid Michaelson 

"'Cause we're all the same under a different name. We're all blood, we're all blood, blood brothers."

The music video is a work of art. I want to be of something like that. Her most recent album has been out for a while but this song makes me want to get it right now and listen to it every day. Man, I have some catching up to do.

6. Amsterdam by Imagine Dragons

"Your time will come if you wait for it, if you wait for it. It's hard, believe me... I've tried."

Another iTunes Freebie. Today I was told that the rest of their new album is great, so I'm going to have to check that out. I am pretty late on the Imagine Dragons train so I'm excited to hear some more music from them.

Happy listening friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground