Playlist Thursday: Road Trip

Thursday, June 7, 2012

California this weekend? I think so! Woo! Party. 12 hour drive? Not a big deal  if you have a good Road Trip playlist. So here are a couple of tunes (not 12 hours worth by any means) that can keep your road trippin' less trippy and more funnnnnnnyyy??? That didn't really work there. BY THE WAY, I was born in California but I have never visited there since my birth. We moved to good ol Utah when I was a wee little lassie. I'm pretty excited.

1. California Gurls by Katy Perry
It's only fitting...it's California and I'm a California Girl. Toned, tan, fit, and ready. Yep....Snoop Doggy Dog on the radio ;) haha

2.  Any 80's rock. Seriously though, 80's rock makes a road trip. You just have to crank it up and sing at the top of your lungs. You could seriously listen to 12 hours of 80's rock. I could anyway.

3. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
Just watch the Harvard Baseball Boys dance. They seem to be having a pretty great time.

4. Michael Jackson, Jackson Five anything with Michael Jackson's incredible poppy and groovy tenor in it. I love me some MJ.

5. The radio. Just turn the radio on and jam out.

6. Styx. Late 70's early 80's? Yes I love it. When I was little we would listen to Styx on our way to Yellowstone. It kinda makes me all teary eyed just thinking about it.

7. Disco...yeah my parents got their groove on with disco, and then we inherited that groove.

8.  If you need to chill out listen to Bon Iver's album Bon Iver. It's beautiful and makes you enjoy the scenery.

I know this is a pretty broad playlist, but most of it is really what my family listens to while on a roadtrip. Not so much the Katy Perry and pop stuff, but I just wanted to throw those in there.

I probably won't be posting a favorites tomorrow because I'll be traveling, but I hope you all have an amazing start to the weekend. If I don't get to you before the weekend begins, have a safe, fun and beautiful weekend. Comment below with your road trip song favorites.


1 comment:

  1. OH MY YES. Wooooo Cali!!!! That is SO much fun. I guess this is why you posted that one status on Facebook asking for songs. :)
    I absolutely LOVE road trips. I go on one AT LEAST once a month, even if it's just to Logan Idaho... haha.
    But anyway! I will be going to Arizona this weekend--also a 12-hour drive. WOO. And I will DEFINITELY need to listen to this kind of stuff....I will be the one driving...and it will be OVER NIGHT....SOoooooo, yeah. I need to stay awake and stuff. This was in perfect time.

    You already know some of my faves, but I'll tell ya new ones...well, mostly new ones:

    -From Me To You- The Beatles (the Beatles are my favorite on Seattle road trips, specifically)
    -(500) Days of Summer Soundtrack- it's the PERFECT mix of happy/chillness.
    -You- Panda
    AND
    -Aminals-Panda
    (these songs are most effective at night---They're chill, but weird and beat-y enough to keep you awake.)
    -Consolation Prizes- Phoenix (upbeat and SO catchy)
    -Wrapped in Piano Strings- Radical Face (sad, but ABSOLUTELY beautiful. And the beat sounds like traveling)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground