Playlist Thursday: It's Time For Cozy Music!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Once Snow falls, I immediately form a playlist of soft wintery music with the most minor amounts of drops and poppy beats. Though there are some exceptions, Winter was made for soft lullaby like music. So I need YOUR help! Comment below or make a playlist of your top "wintery" song picks! If you don't like the soft songs for winter, tell me what songs you do like to listen to. (Other than the usual Christmas tunes) Sharing is caring people, sharing is caring.

Today, I have some pretty upbeat tunes, some soft listening ones, and some repeats. That's what I love about music though, you can rotate your music when you get tired of it and then come back to it and love it all over again. So enjoy and thank you always for reading!

1. This Kiss by Carly Rae Jepsen 

So this song is completely opposite of what I was describing above, but who could resist a good dance tune? I will admit, I was quite impressed with Carly Rae Jepsen's debut album Kiss. She proved faithful after her summer anthem "Call Me Maybe." Now who wants to have a Fall/Winter dance party?

2. More Than a Memory by Carly Rae Jepsen 

So it's not the best written song, but it's a classic "heartbreak girl song." I love it no matter what you say.

3. Begin Again by Taylor Swift 

"I've been spending the last eight months, thinking all love ever does is break, and burn, and end. But on a Wednesday, in a cafe, I watched it begin again." 

I have yet to listen to her new album RED, but I sure am tempted to just fork over the $15 for it. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about it. Although I haven't heard it all yet, I am pretty sure that Begin Again is still my favorite by her. And what's better than the fact that she made a music video for it? And it's set in Paris! That makes it way better. My heart grows fonder for Paris even if I didn't like it the first time. I want to meet the love of my life in Paris! Also, who could resist Taylor Swift's wardrobe?

4. How by Regina Spektor

"So baby, how can I forget your love? How can I never see you again? How can I ever know why some stay and others go? When I don’t, ooh, I don’t want you to go."
 
So there is this girl in my ward who has the voice of every musical angel ever. If she came out with a CD I would pounce on it. We had a ward talent show, and she sang this song. I don't give Regina Spektor as much credit as I should. I will get really obsessed with her music and then I won't listen to it for months, but then something always brings me back and I am reminded how awesome and lovely her music really is. So thank you Brooke and thank you Regina for your beautiful face and beautiful music.

5. Good For Great by Matt & Kim 

"I traced a few lines. Misread all the signs. Slipped many times. .My blood's still red, and I'm just fine."

I am so incredibly stoked for the Matt & Kim concert! Ahhh can't wait. It is going to be wild.

6. Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons 

Thanks Leah. I can't stop listening.

7. Swim Good by Frank Ocean 

"I'm going off , don't try stopping me. I'm going off, don't try saving me. No flares. No vest. No fear.
Waves are washing me out."

 
And thank you Jarett. Now Frank Ocean and I are best friends.

8. Pinesong by A Fine Frenzy

"The words you speak, stir things in me that I thought were gone. Their faint white heat melts centuries deep in frost. Ah, pining."

"Since my heart is golden..." Favorite line right there. 

"But we all have problems. We're all having problems. And we all got something to say."

Listen to the album version here.

And a Playlist Thursday would not be complete without something by Justin Vernon/ Bon Iver. Sorry but I'm not sorry that I love his music so much. So here, listen and enjoy this mini concert. It's truly magical.

Make sure to comment below or send me a link to the beginnings of your winter playlist or songs that remind you of winter. I hope you can conquer the cold. Stay golden and happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground