Playlist Thursday: The Loveliest

Thursday, October 11, 2012

1. Delicate by Damien Rice

"It's not that we're scared. It's just that it's delicate."

2. Volcano by Damien Rice 

"What I am to you is not real. What I am to you, you do not need. What I am to you is not what you mean to me. You give me miles and miles of mountains."


3. The First of August by Daniel Martin Moore & Joan Shelley 

"Mama knows you gotta go son. Sister's gonna miss you when you go down the road you've been drawing line by line. And the poet has been writing you, writing you down."

"See the sun on the other side, on the first of August."

Lovely. Simply Lovely.

4. Cold Winds by Matthew Mayfield 

Do you remember me? Do you remember me? Do you remember what we said we'd lost...and what it cost?

5. Child by Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros

"The ocean how she moves in ripples, ripples
In flashing lights I swear she was an old film
Then the colour bleeds and she becomes an angel, an angel
Calls out to me like a siren to a scoundrel

And I say c'mon child...


With just a touch I'm gone and carried
Another time where our palms share the same life
The accent of a kiss, whispers were married
It's either love or just the sun in my eyes."

6. Islands by Young the Giant

"All the years I miss your warmth. Have you missed my warmth?"
 
A repeat, but his voice is so beautiful I just could not NOT share.  I want to marry his voice. Or him. I mean both would be great.

7. I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt Cover) by Justin Vernon
AND
I Can't Make You Love Me (Bonnie Raitt Cover) by Adele 
(Sorry about her sailor mouth at the beginning, skip to 0:56 to avoid swears.)

"I can't make you love me, if you don't. You can't make your heart feel something that it won't."


Also...

Have any of you checked out A Fine Frenzy's new album Pines ? I cannot wait to hear it. I have heard little snippets and it is very reminiscent of Feist's Metals. Ooo I cannot wait. If you have been listening, what are your favorite songs that you recommend? What songs have you been loving lately? Comment below and stay golden and oh so very lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground