Playlist Thursday: Break out the Christmas Tunes!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Despite what the title says, this is not a Christmas Playlist. I will have all of December to do that. Today though, I beefed up my "Christmas Time is Here" playlist on Spotify and I have been listening to it all day. Be ready for some crazy good playlists. And if you have spotify and want to check my playlist out, please do. It's always a pleasure sharing music with you.

The weather just hasn't called for cozy music lately. I need some snow so I can go back to my regular cozy winter playlists. It just doesn't feel right without a blanket of white enveloping the Earth. You know? So here is a pretty eclectic playlist of music that I have discovered.

1. American by Lana Del Rey

"Like an American, Ooh ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh." 

From her new album Born to Die: Paradise Edition (Which should really be an EP, or Bonus Track CD on a deluxe edition of Born to Die.) Just saying. I can see a lot of people not liking this song, but hey, I like it and this is my playlist.

2. Try by P!nk

"Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame. Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned, but just because it burns, it doesn't mean you're gonna die. You gotta get up and try, try, try. You gotta get up and try." 

If you want to watch something incredibly artistic, heartbreaking, and beautiful. Watch the music video.  It might be inappropriate for some, because of some aggressive/suggestive dance moves, but if you watch "So You Think You Can Dance" and you like the couples contemporary dance numbers watch it here.

3. Don't Wake Me Up by Chris Brown 

"If this love only exists in my dreams, don't wake me up."

 4. Ghost Towns by Radical Face 

"I've seen more places than I can name, and over time they all start to look the same. But it ain't the truth we chase. No, it's the promise of a better place."

5. Take What I Can Get by Matthew Mayfield 

"but if you start to shed your skin
naked heart – wearing thin
when you call
i’ll be here
once again"

6. A Pound of Flesh by Radical Face 

"My feet plow on
From light to dawn
My empty belly in my body aches
Ain’t hard to take
Next to the weight I carry in my chest
A pound of flesh
Could never tip the scale that I’ve made
I should have stayed
But I was never wise
I hear your voices in the wind that cuts the night
And I pray to whatever is listening things will be alright."

I just really love how in every Radical Face song, there is some form of clapping. Songs are always good when there's clapping involved. Beautiful lyrics and clapping, that's all you need.

7. CPR/ Claws Pt. 2 by Typhoon

"As long as you're waiting, since you have nothing to do with your hands, you might as well pray. I am no god-fearing man, but I am afraid of something that I cannot quite explain."

This song wakes me up every morning. Again, there is clapping. It's wonderful. Typhoon comes to Provo, I need to see them 

8. Summer Home by Typhoon

"I will wait for the summer. I will hold out for summer. I will wait, there’s a promise-land in every man’s heart. There is a summer."

A song about summer. Sometimes you need those on dreary Winter days.

9. Welcome Home, Son by Radical Face

"Peel the scars from off my back. I don't need them anymore. You can throw them out or keep them in your mason jars. I've come home."

10. The Dead Waltz by Radical Face 

"In her gown beside the riverbed, she got down on her knees, and wrapped her long hair up in vines, and leaves, and branches and with the wind beneath her feet. Oh, she waltzed with the dead."
Oh, this song is beautiful. Haunting and beautiful. 
11. You're The One That I Want (Grease Cover) by The Lennings 

This version is fantastic too! Thank you Crista for introducing me to Angus and Julia Stone.

This past week, Glee rekindled my love for Grease. So I've just been obsessed with the classic finale song...just sung in a not so classic way. 

Do you have any songs you want to share with me? Any new artists I need to fall in love with? Have you already made your Christmas playlist and are you ready for a month of great music this December? Comment below, message me with your playlists, and stay golden.
If this love only exists in my dreams, Don't wake me up

Read more: CHRIS BROWN - DON'T WAKE ME UP LYRICS
If this love only exists in my dreams, Don't wake me up

Read more: CHRIS BROWN - DON'T WAKE ME UP LYRIC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground