Just a ramble.

Monday, January 27, 2014

This one time, KSL news did an investigative report on panhandlers. It made me rather upset. Sure, some of those people were lying and scamming. Some had criminal records...but I still didn't like it.

I think we should always help someone in need.

Today, Tyler and I hit up a sale at Gap. (50% off all sale styles people, that's a big deal. I got a shirt for $4.97). As we were leaving, a man looking rather disheveled and distressed approached us and asked for 4 dollars to take the bus home. I gave him the money.

Yes, a thought crossed my mind, but I had the money to give and I gave it and I was on my way.

Now I don't write this to boast, but I felt great about that good deed. Who knows if he really bought a bus ticket home. I will continue to believe that he did. But if he didn't, I'm glad I thought to serve anyway. Shouldn't we do that?

As cheesy as it is, I saw a quote today.

"The best exercise is little someone in need." Or something like that.

It was rad.

And that's all.

Stay gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground