No Matter How High...

Thursday, January 16, 2014

This title may deceive you...here's a playlist.

1. No Matter How High by Oak Ridge Boys 

"No matter how I get, I'll always look up to you. You'll always be number one; I'll settle for number two."

When Tyler tries to sing the bass parts of this song. It is so good. Like, I can't even.

2. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright 

"Love is not a victory march; it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah." 

Makes me cry. Almost every time. I say almost because sometimes I'll be listening to it in the middle of lunch and I don't want to look miserable eating lunch and weeping.

3. Big Parade by The Lumineers 

"Catholic priest, Catholic priest in a crisis. Caught between romance and Jesus. In the civil war, he says I'm in love, I'm in love with a women, yeah this is my confession, I'm leaving and I can't be a priest anymore. And oh my my oh hey hey there he goes the man of faith, left the church for fiancĂ©, let him love the man of faith." 

Just got Tyler into the Lumineers. Success!

4. A Life That's Good by Lennon and Maisy 

"Two arms around me, heaven to ground me, and a family that always calls me home. Four wheels to get there, another love to share and a sweet, sweet, sweet song. At the end of the day, oh Lord I pray, I have a life that's good."

LOVE. I just...this song is one of those weepy songs, and I'm not ashamed. It's so beautiful and it's from a TV show!

5. Devil May Cry by The Weeknd 

"Faces in the crowd may smile again, and the devil may cry at the end of the night." 

I am craving Catching Fire right now. I am also craving anything with Jennifer Lawrence in it. My brother found Tyler and me a clean Silver Linings Playbook...and I'm thinking we are going to have to watch it soon.

6. Every Kingdom by Ben Howard 
Especially: Old Pine, Only Love, The Fear, Black Flies, and Everything 

7. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers

"When we were young, oh oh we did enough. When it got cold, ooo ooo we bundled up. I can't be told, ah ah it can't be done." 

Love the video for this. And I also love that Tyler and I have had this stuck in our heads from a few days now.

8. Love on Top by Beyonce

Queen B. Bey Bey. I love her. SO much. Like how is she so good? How?

9. January Wedding by The Avett Brothers

"So in January...we're getting married."

The Avett Brothers are just so tender. There are some days where all I need is a good round of The Avett Brothers on shuffle.

10. Amazing Eyes by Good Old War

"You're a little bit broken, I'm a little bit broken. When we put ourselves together my oh my, and you may not understand it, but something here is working. So I don't mind. Because you're mine." 

Our wedding song. Oh I'm weepy again.

11. Landslide by Fleetwood Mac

"Well I've been afraid of changing, cause I've built my life around you, but time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I'm getting older too." 

"Oh mirror in the sky, what is love?" 

Stevie. Oh Stevie.

12. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac

"Thunder only happens when it's raining, players only love you when they're playing. Women they will come and go, when the rain washes you clean, you'll know." 

Favorite. Ever.

13. Country Road by John Denver

"Country roads, take me home, to the place I belong!" 

EVERYBODY SING!

14. Dust to Dust by The Civil Wars 

"You're like a mirror reflecting me." 

"Takes one to know one so take it from me." 

Probably one of the most beautiful love songs ever written in the 2000's.

Well, this was probably one of my favorite playlists to write and listen to. I will always come back to these songs. And that's pretty darn okay to me. What are some songs on your playlist? Comment below. Happy listening.

1 comment:

  1. I love ALL of these songs, and I love your blog, how do you think of such cool things? It's probably because you're so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground