Playlist Thursday // Higher Love

Thursday, September 18, 2014

p h o t o 

Have you heard of Vance Joy? Tyler showed me his popular hit "Riptide" a long time ago. Now he has an album out. It's called Dream Your Life Away and it's perfectly beautiful. I highly recommend it and the other songs featured in this playlist. Enjoy!


My favorite from the album.  

I miss you more than you could know. I watch the grass on the back lawn grow, and I will not allow winds of change to blow. And I hope you decide to come back home. Cause this heavy heart, oh, how it's yearned. Cause I've been alone far too long. When are you coming home, my love? My love!"


Kid you not, the beginning of this song is so beautiful. It makes me want to cry. I mean, everything makes me want to cry. 

"Talking like we used to do. It was always me and you. Shaping up and shipping out. Check me in and check me out. When you think of love, do you think of pain? You can tell me what you see. I will choose what I believe. This body is yours. This body is yours and mine. Well hold on, my darling. This mess was yours, now your mess is mine." 



This song is beyond the catchiest songs of all time. I mean, I gotta soul train to this shiz.


Just be-freakin-cause. 


This is quite possibly my favorite song of all time. I think it has been in almost every single one of my playlist thursday posts. I love it. 

"Thunder only happens when it's raining, players only play you when their playing. Say women they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean, you'll know." 

Here's a beautiful cover, too!


Ed Sheeran, uuuuugggggh. Ron Weasley....I mean Rupert Grint uuuuuggggh.

"I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you're getting down. And out of all these things I've done, I think I'll love you better now."


Anyone else think of Napoleon Dynamite? Anyone else get slighty misty-eyed? Don't lie. 

Can we also talk about the synthesizer trumpet solo? So rad. 

"Some are like water some are like the heat, some are the melody some are the beat... Sooner or later they all will be gone why don't they stay young?"

+ h a p p y // l i s t e n i n g


+ s t a y // g o l d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground