Playlist Thursday // Same old songs, different day

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Ugh. This album cover is the dreamiest. I want to go be a bohemian gypsy woman now. Is that too much to ask? Yeah probably. 


No but really. Don't act all surprised. You know the songs are all the same.

1 // Dreams by Fleetwood Mac 

Favorite song of all time. Yes it is. Straight up. I think I've said this fifty times, but I just can't get over it. It's lyrically beautiful. Stevie's voice is like the total essence of smoky folky. She's like a witch and I love it. I know, so creepy and weird but Stevie Nicks is my spirit animal, right along with Pocahontas.

2 // Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac 

I mean, she even straight up says she's a gypsy! Sing it, Stevie.

3 // Landslide by Fleetwood Mac 

"Well, I've been afraid of changing 'cause I've built my life around you. But time makes you bolder, even children get older, and I'm getting older too." 

4 // Oh Daddy by Fleetwood Mac

5 // I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt 

"I can't make you love me, if you don't. You can't make your heart feel something it won't." 

This song is incredibly gut-wrenching. I remember when I was young and dramatic...oh wait. Anyway, yeah when I was in love with this guy in high school and I thought he loved me too, but wah waaaah of course he didn't. I abused this song. Like I played it until it couldn't be played anymore. (Was that too soon to use the "abuse" word?)

6 // Conrad by Ben Howard

7 // I Forget Where We Were by Ben Howard

Oh, hey,
I wasn't listening
I was watching Syria blinded by the sunshine strip
You, you were in the kitchen
Oh, your mariner’s mouth the wounded with the wounder's whip


And that's how summer passed oh,
The great divide and range of green green grass
Oh, maybe it was peace at last, who knew

Hello love, my invincible friend
Hello love, the thistle and the burr
Hello love, for you I have so many words
But I, I forget where we were

Oh, hey,
I wasn't listening,
I was stung by all of us, the blind leading out the bored
And as per usual,
You were skipping and laughing eyes at the bedroom door



This song, you guys. I can't even. I just can't. I have listened to it like 20 times a day. 

8 // End of the Affair by Ben Howard

9 // Afire Love by Ed Sheeran

"And my father and all of my family rise from their seats to sing hallelujah."

The end of this song is the best.

10 // Beth/Rest by Bon Iver

"I ain't living in the dark no more, it's not a promise I'm just gonna call it." 

What are you listening to?
+ h a p p y // l i s t e n i n g 


+ s t a y // g o l d

1 comment:

  1. I <3 Dreams. I think the Dana Williams and Leighton Meester cover is nice. Also anything Neil Diamond. :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground