A Friday Full of Favorites

Friday, May 18, 2012

Hello lovely people!
This will be my first "real" post on this blog! On my tumblr, I would do a list of favorites and I thought it would be fun to transfer that to this blog. Sometimes the list will be big, other times it will be small. Sometimes the favorites will be cohesive, and other times they will be random. I just want to share with you what I have been loving this week. I hope you are excited for the weekend! I know I am. My brother is coming up from school and it's my other brothers birthday. That means a lot of laughter and delicious food. I'm so stoked. Now it's time for my favorites!

1. Rainymood
Do you love the sound of rain? Click the link if you do.

2. Bon Iver
I love his music in general, but it is even better when you listen to it while listening to Rainymood. Some of my favorites by Bon Iver are Michicant, Skinny Love, Beth/Rest (my favorite),  Flume, and For Emma. He also does an absolutely beautiful cover of Bonnie Raitt's "I Can't Make You Love Me". It seriously gives me chills and almost brings me to tears.

3. Peanut Butter Sheet Cake

It's peanut butter and cake...who could ask for more? Seriously it's so good. You have to lock yourself in your room just so you won't eat more than once piece.

4.  Fabric Shopping

This summer, my mom is teaching me how to sew. I have always wanted to make my own skirts. These are the fabrics I chose. I was on a black and white, polka dots, stripes, mustard kick. Still am. Wish me luck!

5. Bath and Body Works: Aromatherapy Body Mist in Sleep- Lavender Chamomile 
When I went to go buy the pillow mist, it was sold out so I just bought this and I use it for the same purposes. It is so relaxing and helps me sleep so well, because I suffer from insomnia. I love it.

6. My Favorite Outfit of the Week




This is what I'm wearing today. It is pouring rain outside (yay).
Watch: Michael Kors
Blouse: The Gap Factory Store ($4.97 can you believe it?)
Scarf: American Eagle (Similar version)
You can't see them but my jeans are Levi's Skinny Jeans.

Well that's all for my favorites. I hope you all have a beautiful Friday no matter what weather you are having. Eat good food, stay lovely and most importantly stay happy.


6 comments:

  1. hey, we both posted pictures of ourselves in scarves today. look at us. ;)
    and love the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a scarf wearing day! There is something about the rain that is just so wonderful and soothing.

      Delete
  2. Mmm... peanut butter sheet cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frankie! Too bad it's almost gone. It could have been your birthday treat.

      Delete
  3. Dani I love this! I should do favorites posts too. Thanks for the idea :) Also, I love your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leah, I thought doing a specific post for each day of the week would help me get started on posting thoughtfully and regularly. You should definitely do it. I would love to see your favorites. Also, thanks! <3

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground