Terrific Tuesday: I wish they all could be...

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

 CALIFORNIA GIRLS! (Disclaimer! Sorry if this doesn't make sense I am getting into the groove of things and I tried my best. Hopefully you get the positive vibes I was trying to exude)

Hello friends, as you know I was in California this past weekend for the first time EVER! It wasn't a Disneyland trip, it was a see people you love and sight see until you can't see anymore (Because you're so tired and need to sleep) kind of trip. I didn't need to go to Disneyland, I saw the most beautiful beaches, the best people in the world, and one of the coolest skylines. That was the best part of the trip! No need for Mickey Mouse. I just wanted to share with you my experience of the first day there.

 One of my favorite parts of the trip was driving there and finally getting there.  I went with my brothers Spencer and Frankie. Unfortunately, Krystal couldn't tag along but we had fun for her. We left early in the morning as you can see by my bad picture of the tree by my house, and we drove and drove. We stopped in Fillmore for an OH SO NUTRITIOUS breakfast. Then, we just kept on driving. You know how it goes. A stop in Las Vegas reminded us how much we are not fans of Sin City. The only issue I had with the drive was the fact that we found ourselves looking out into nothing. We just saw sage brush and desolation. Thank goodness we didn't blow out a tire.

We did get there though. We made it to California. We made our first stop at the place of my birth. I actually got to see the city I was born in. I had never seen it and it really was a beautiful and fun moment for me. This part of the trip was what I actually wanted to center this Terrific Tuesday post around.  My brother took a detour into Pasadena, California. Let me just say that Pasadena is a gorgeous city. It is full of life and I sometimes wonder why my parents ever moved. I could see myself being from there. I could see myself living there and it was just a wonderful moment for me. I know this will sound super cheesy but I got a little bit of my identity seeing good ol Huntington Memorial. I was able to see a little part of my early life. An early part of my brothers' and parents life. It was absolutely crazy and awesome. It was a great start to the trip and it made me think about how things would have been different if I had grown up there. California is lovely and so is Utah. I can say that I love both places. That is pretty terrific to me. I guess I should really bring this all together. It really was so great to just go somewhere and have it become a part of me in some way. I am from California and Utah, and I definitely see the California side of me. Hahaha I wonder if it even works that way. This definitely happened to me and I'm so grateful. Thank you Frankie and Spencer for letting me see the place of my birth.




Have you visited any places that have made you feel nostalgic and happy? Have you become a part of a place that you have traveled to? Where were you born?  Comment below I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground