Playlist Thursday

Thursday, July 26, 2012

1. Night Drive by Gotye

"And the highway lines pass by in two/four double-time. And we don't even recognize a single name on the street signs."

I really love the sound of his voice in this song. It's mellow and easy going. If I need to chill, I'll listen to this.  Also, I love the way he sings this line, "And I don't know just where we're going..." It's so good.

2.  Tightrope by Walk the Moon 

"I said oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, this heart is burning up."

Walk the Moon is now one of my favorite bands. Check out their new self-titled album Walk the Moon. 

3. Passion Pit's new album Gossamer 

Just listen to all it. The whole album is great. Great, great, great Passion Pit music. If you love Passion Pit you have to love this album. I am now on a Passion Pit kick. Favorites from Gossamer are "Take a Walk", "Carried Away", and "Constant Conversations".

4. Love More (Justin Vernon cover) by Sharon Van Etten

"I thought that we were fine... then the day was night."

Um. Incredibly beautiful. The harmonies send shivers down my spine. I am a sucker for good harmonies. So, so, so, beautiful. Listen to both versions.

 FRIEND'S FAVORITES
 Today's picks are from my dear friend Leah. Enjoy the three lovely songs she chose. 
 
1. Angel (Live) by Sarah Mclachlan (So many chills)

 Comment below with your playlist this week! Do you have any favorites to share with me? Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground