Sunday, March 4, 2012; 12:11 AM

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Yes, I am writing this at midnight, but I really loved this scripture I read in 1 Nephi 19.

v.10 "For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction."

This past month, February, I felt like my Father in Heaven was refining me. February was a really tough month for me. I felt like giving up on BYU, college all together, teaching, on everything. I felt very lost and very much alone. The best part about those moments though, were the decisions I had to make and the consequences I received.  I could have been made bitter. I could have asked, "Why me?" and turned from the Lord, or I could have come unto Him and strengthened my faith. I decided to strengthen my trust and faith in Him. I decided to let the fire refine me into a young woman with a strong and brighter testimony of Christ and His Atonement. Our Heavenly Father chooses us to be examples of Him. He will never leave us. I know it because he lifted me up out of my "month from hell." I know that's dramatic, but I am comforted to know that my Savior suffered for every sin, pain, and feeling of loneliness and despair. He took those from me and I can always turn to Him. He has given me courage and strength. He loves me. I know it.

-Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground