Playlist Thursday

Thursday, August 9, 2012

1. Anonanimal by Andrew Bird 

"I will become this animal, perfectly adapted to a music hall. I will become this animal."

Can you understand a word he's saying? I can't, but I still love this song. 

2. The Cascades by Fleet Foxes

When I hear this song, I think of Yellowstone, high mountains, Mountain Men, rivers, cascades. You know.

3.  Islands by Young the Giant 

 "All the years I miss your warmth. Have you missed my warmth?"

I love Young the Giant so much. So much. So, so, so much. Their music is so good. The lyrics are so beautiful too. Love. 

4. Trapdoor by The Dear Hunter

"You say that you’ve heard it before, that the pitch the tone are unsure. But the weight of your words is too much, and the look in your eyes... oh it cuts. Darling, don't abandon me. Please just take a breath and you'll see that not everything here is lost. And the profit will outweigh the cost. If the only thing you want is love."

I may have mentioned this song in a playlist before, but I really don't care. I love how emotional this song gets. It's amazing. 

5. The Limit to Your Love by Feist

"There's a limit to your love. Like a waterfall in slow motion. Like a map with no ocean."

It kills me how underrated Feist is. I love her so much. She's right up there with Adele and Florence for me. Her voice is so smoky and different. Her music is perfect for rainy days and cozy sweaters.

6. Cicadas and Gulls by Feist

"I'm in the sky, sky, sky. I'm in the sky."

The harmonies at the end of the song....chills.

7. Sleeping Lessons by The Shins 

"They've got nothing left on which we depend. So enlist every ounce of your bright blood, And off with their heads!" 

Insomniacs unite! And listen to The Shins.

8. Fall and Flee by The Dear Hunter

"We all become memories after having gone. Dancing in the light flickering behind their eyes. I'm hoping it's showing my heart never stopped growing, I'll take comfort in knowing.."

Have I shared this one before too? Oh well. It's beautiful and very peaceful I think. It reminds me of my friend Michael. He and I really love The Dear Hunter. He has such good taste in music. Love that kid.

9.  Too Close by Alex Clare

"And it feels like I am just too close to love you...so I'll be on my way."

The commercials during the Olympics have had some pretty great songs in them. I may just switch to Internet Explorer now because of this song.......nahhhhh.


"On the back of a motorbike with your arms outstretched trying to take flight, leaving everything behind. But even at our swiftest speed we couldn't break from the concrete in the city where we still reside. And I have learned that even landlocked lovers yearn for the sea, like navy men, 'cause now we say goodnight from our own separate sides, like brothers on a hotel bed."

When you're so sick and about to cry, a Valley Boy will started playing this song on the drive home. He will then proceed to sing along softly, and you will feel so much comfort from it...that you feel something in your heart and you haven't had that feeling before but it feels different and good. And you just might not throw up in his car at any moment.

 11. Electric Feel by MGMT  

"This is what the world is for...making electricity."

Oh man. This song brings me right back to Spring. My roommate Meghan used this song as an alarm. You should try it some time. Waking up to Electric Feel makes for a pretty dandy day. I will always love you Electric Feel. Always.

  
"Because though the truth may vary, this ship will carry our bodies safe to shore. Hey!"
Oooo. This song is so good. Of Monsters and Men is growing on me. 

FRIEND'S FAVORITE
 Valley Boy's all-time favorite song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground