Terrific Tuesday: Thank you, Kind Sir

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

This post will be short and sweet. Today, I am blessed to not have any class. At first, I was worried about being the most unproductive schlup eating bagels all day and fantasizing about having a never ending supply of pizza. Really though, it has ended up being very much a blessing. I have found myself being more productive than ever. I rarely get to go on campus, but today I had a meeting with an academic advisor so I made my way up the hill (that is a killer hill, my calves rock), and I headed to the meeting.

As I was about to walk into the student center, a bright, blonde-hair, blue eyed boy rushes in front of me and swings the door open for me with the most jubilant smile that could put Santa's to shame. I couldn't help but smile myself and tell him thank you with the most the genuine and thickest of sugar coatings.  He opened the other day with just as much gusto and he proceeded to walk with me through the bookstore asking how my morning was and wishing me a wonderful day. 

I wish everyone could have seen that brief minute that I was with that wonderful person. He made my Tuesday terrific, and I'm so incredibly grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground