Playlist Thursday: Are you still listening?

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Are you still listening to Christmas music? Am I a bad person for stopping right when the 26th comes around? I would imagine because I played my Christmas playlist on Spotify ALL-DAY on Christmas. If you were trying to eat breakfast in silence, you couldn't because Michael Buble was belting his pipes in the background. If you wanted to read a book, you had to be able to read with Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas is You" playing ever so softly. I mean it was great but by the end of the day I was ready for some other stuff. So I have a playlist for you, with new music, can you believe it? So be ready to listen to some awesome tunes.

1. My Blood by Ellie Goulding

"And God knows, I'm not dying but I breathe now. And God knows, it's the only way to heal now. With all the blood I lost with you. It drowns the love I thought I knew."


Her new album Halcyon is pretty darn fantastic. It's a superb sophomore album that EVERYONE should check out. It always makes me happy when an artist makes a better album than his/her first. This song is my favorite from the album. It's haunting and beautiful.

2. I Know You Care by Ellie Goulding

"I use to run down the stairs, to the door, and I thought you were there to shape to the comfort of us. Two lovers loved out of love."

Be ready to cry. Or get all choked up. Or something. Also, I want to see the movie that the music video was made from.

3. Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding 

"I'll give you everything you need, but I don't think I need you."

I don't exactly understand the bleeding nose, but hey it's artistic and it's supposed to make you think...the music video I mean. 

4. Want U Back by Cher Lloyd

I don't really understand how I didn't like this song when it was first released, because I'm kind of obsessed. Yeah I know...sorry not sorry. REMINDER: Ladies, don't sabotage other girls for guys...there's nothing I dislike more than a mean girl.

5. Diamonds by Rihanna

"Shine bright like a diamond."

This reminds me of Ri-Ri's old stuff. I liked the old Rihanna.


So is there anything new that I should be listening to? What is your playlist? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground