Layers are fun...my titles are so original these days.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

I have lived in Utah for most of my life. I know how the Winters are, but this Winter is something that has almost become unbearable. I dread going outside because my boogers freeze every time I breathe in, and it's like someone made a law not to shovel sidewalks but just to salt them with buckets of salt...so everyone is slipping around and it's like you have to trek over icy/salty mountains. Okay I exaggerate, but seriously, whatever happened to people shoveling?

So today I thought I would do a post on what I like for layering in this weather. Layering is almost essential for me. I need a lot, but then I also need to be able to take stuff off for the overheated classrooms, and that tends to happen a lot. Let's start with the basics.

1. Socks...cute ones preferably.
Ones that go to your knees and others that are crew. All are warm. All are good.
I like knee socks because they add an extra layer of warmth for your legs. Here are some cute crew socks that I swear by for winter.



1 // 2 // 3 

American Eagle also has amazing knee socks.

2. Tights and Leggings 
To wear under skirts (wool or some other bottom weight fabric). Or to wear under your favorite pair of jeans or pants.

I am obsessed with sparkle tights. I have some from American Eagle, but they don't sell them anymore. It's a shame because they were a way better price than these

2
You can layer your socks over your leggings and call it a warm and fuzzy day. For realz.

3. Button Up Shirts
Perfect tucked into jeans, skirts, and worn under sweaters and cardis. 



 1 // 2 // 3 // 4

4. Sweaters/Cardigans
To pair with a button up. To put over a dress or skirt. To wear with a pair of jeans. To wear under a winter coat. 



1 // 2 // 3 // 4

5. Long Sleeved Tee's
Gap is my favorite place for simple and sweet layering T's. Look at all the stripes and colors. They are SO soft too. If you don't believe me, go buy one and see for yourself.

I am a fan of DownEast Basics too.

If you want a little bit of luxury, Everlane is the place for you. ( If anyone is wondering what they can get me for my birthday in April...check out the whole website.)

And lastly, I own 4 of these Target shirts. They are pretty solid.

6. Boots/Hats/Scarves/Mittens/Gloves 
You can't go wrong layering with any of these accessories.

Boots for the adventurer.

Boots for the girl who can't resist Sperry's OR J.Crew.

And for the girl who has always wanted a pair of Hunter Wellies.
I'll take mine in black and merlot please!   

A hat with a Pom Pom is always a good choice.

1

 Also, for those who like the laid back skater look.

2
Thick scarves are perfect for windy days.

Mittens make you feel like a kid again.
1 
 These are cute too. And if you don't like those, you won't be able to resist this pair.
And if you are looking for absolutely guaranteed warmth, look no further, Kyber Outerwear has what you need. Trust me.

And for the techies... try the latest trend, touch tech gloves.

Do you love layering? What are some of your favorite layering pieces? Comment below and follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground