Songs That Make My Eyes Sweat

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Honestly, the list of songs that make me cry is endless, but here are the songs that have been making me tear up this week. It's a strange and glorious thing how lyrics and melodies can just make you melt.  Go get some tissues and be ready to have all your emotions and memories flood you. It's a wonderful feeling.

1. Hiding Out by Sucre

"Oh, so many times we had the chance to pause and reverse. Nobody wants anything, unless you give it to them like it's worth something."

Words cannot describe how much I love this. Thank you, Spencer. I love you for this. 

2. Airplanes by Local Natives

"I love it all so much. I call, I want you back."

I just discovered Local Natives and I am very happy that I did. This song makes me miss Jarett...a lot.

3. Wonderwall by Ryan Adams

"You're my wonderwall." 

I personally think this version is better than the original. Don't hate me. Sorry not sorry. 
P.S. Apparently, Lindsay Lohan listens to this song when she needs to cry for a scene. What a treasure.

4. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac

"Thunder only happens when it's raining. Players only love you when they're playing. Say women they will come and they will go. When the rain washes you clean, you'll know, you'll know."

I go back to Europe when I hear this. This is my "me in a dream" song.

5. Pop! Goes My Heart! by Hugh Grant 

"I said wasn't gonna lose my head, but then Pop! goes my heart."

Okay so this song doesn't make me cry, but I love 80's style songs. I LOVE THEM! And sometimes they make me cry. It's cool. No big deal.  Also, thank you Megan Fairchild. I really like you for having Music & Lyrics. It doesn't get much better than this.

6. Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice 

"And so it is just like you said it would be, life goes easy on me... most of the time."

Yep. This one gets me every time.

7. If I Didn't Know Better (Civil Wars cover) by Clare Bowen and Sam Palladio 

"You might as well be the devil, oh keeping me out past three. Oh you're the one with that apple, so baby, you can't blame me."

Sam Palladio. That's all. 

8. Would You Go With Me by Josh Turner

"If I gave you my hand would you take it and make me the happiest man in the world?"
 The adorable-ness and cheesy quality is unbearable. Ahh. 

9. Sand in Your Shoes by This Providence

"We fell in love with the windows rolled down."

This song takes me straight back to when I dated Jason Reed. Yep. Thursday confessions.

10. Don't You Worry Child by Swedish House Mafia

"Don't you worry child, heaven's got a plan for you." 

I know, you're probably thinking, why in the world would this song make you cry? Well it just does. Have you ever had a rough day and then a song tells you not to worry? Yeah you would cry too. 

11. Oblivion by Bastille

"When oblivion is calling out your name, you always take it farther than I ever can." 

*Chills* 

Are there songs that make you want to cry or choke up a little bit? Do they bring back memories, make you feel good, or remind you of someone or something? Why don't you share it with me? Comment below. We can blubber like babes together!

Happy listening. 
Stay gold.

3 comments:

  1. Damien Rice just gets me! Absolutely LOVE that song!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. the song "why" by secondhand serenade brings me to tears everytime, I have no idea why ha. funny how songs do that to you!! love your blog!!

    toriandalex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, ME TOO! Oh man that song brings me back. It is way funny, that's why I love music. Thank you so much! Yours is darling.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground