I learned something...

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I learned something last night. I think I learn it every day. I learned about people and emotions and life. I learned about coping and how people cope. I learned about myself too.

I have a friend who is going through a serious, emotional trial right now. Something that is changing his life. Something that will alter his life forever. The thing is, I don't really know what this trial is. He hasn't talked to me about it, but I can just tell. Sometimes you just can. You can tell when they curl up inside of themselves. When they push people away and when they don't laugh the way they used to. They don't crack jokes and they have this perpetual look of gloom on their face. You just know that something is going on for that person. You just know. You feel it. And you feel sad too. You feel helpless because there is nothing you can do. They won't open up to you and you can't force them to. You simply can't. I learned that you can only love them. That's all.

p.s. forgive the lateness and the ramblings. I am busy trying to figure out my life.

p.p.s expect a terrific tuesday post soon. like today. yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground