A thing or two about clothes.

Monday, May 5, 2014

p h o t o 

So I used to be really into fashion, and you might be thinking...ummm...what are you talking about you still are. Yeah, well no. Not really. I mean I was so into it that I studied Vogue magazine, Marie Claire, Harper's Bazaar, you name the fashion magazine I was following it. I knew trends like I knew the back of my hand. I wanted to work fashion. I wanted to be it. I wanted every single person I came in contact with to know that I was going to write about fashion one day and I was going to wear it. I wanted people to know my knowledge.

Well...now that I look back, I find it to be really silly, actually. Don't get me wrong, I love clothes. I do. Clothes are my thing, I guess you could say, and I would love to write about them. Heck, I love to write about them now. I love pinning clothes. I love shopping for clothes. I love looking at clothes. I still like the magazines and the designs and the detail, but now I don't want to be clothes anymore. Clothes don't define me. Yes, I may be defined as Dani with the cute clothes...but I hope that that isn't what people think of when they think of me...and if they do...well I'm flattered but I also hope that they see me. I hope they see that if I had my way (I kind of do anyway) I would gray sweatshirts and skinny jeans every day of my life. I would wear my hair naturally and put on minimal makeup and I would be okay. But I'm human and sometimes I get insecure and sometimes I dress up and sometimes I take pictures of it and put it on instagram.

The thing is though, I'm not meaning to boast or show off. I don't mean that at all. I just express myself because clothes have become that way for me. People have been inspired by it...so I do it, because ultimately I want to inspire people.

I want to be Dani, the girl who likes clothes, but also likes people, and talking, and laughing and eating food and playing games and singing songs and giving hugs and being a listening ear, a good wife, a true friend. That's the Dani I want to be.

So don't let clothes define you. Stop looking at pinterest and actually determining your worth from your pin boards. Your friends' lives on social media don't determine your worth. You can't take material things with you, so don't let them be your life. Put your treasures elsewhere and let that light shine through.


And always, always remember to s t a y // g o l d.

4 comments:

  1. I love this so much. I have been thinking about that topic for so long now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Talor...thank YOU for reading. Stay gold, girl!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, something I definitely needed today. In the online world, I often feel there is so much pressure to be defined. Are you a lifestyle blogger? Fashion? Beauty? Home design? Travel? Music? How about all of the above! I don't want there to be an end-all-be-all to what interests me and what I want to write about. I think you express that wonderfully in this post! I look forward to reading more xx

    The What's In Between

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and reading this post. I think it's better if we can find interests and loves in all things. We should be our own person and be passionate about anything we want to be passionate about.

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground