Terrific Tuesday // Tasty

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So many T's in one title. The fun never ends over on this blog. So today I'm bringing you one of my FAVORITE lunch recipes. This stuff is good, people. Mm mm good, really. And it comes from one of my favorite fitness and food blogs: Our Best Bites.

I don't have pictures, but the blog does so check it out if you need the visual aid. I'm also linking the ingredients I used. Indulge away!

Skinny Chicken Salad for One
from Our Best Bites

4 ounces or 1 cup of shredded or diced (cooked) boneless, skinless chicken breast. (I totally used a rotisserie chicken sold cold in the deli section.)
1/4 cup diced celery
2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
1/4 cup diced sweet, crisp apple. (I am partial toward Fuji. In fact, it's the only apple I eat. Expensive, I know.)
1 Tablespoon Light Mayo 
1 Tablespoon light mayo or Greek Yogurt (The Greek yogurt is beyoooond.)
1/2-1 Tablespoon of fresh Parsley or Cilantro ( Cilantro is SO cheap at Winco. I love the flavor, plus I buy a huge bush and use it for three meals a week: BBQ chicken pizza, Carne Asada Tacos, and this lunch).
1/8 teaspoon Curry Powder (Check it out in the Hispanic/Asian foods aisle.)
1/4 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar 
1 Tablespoon Roasted Sliced Almonds ( Buy them in bulk. Sure, it's expensive but you can use them over and over again. Wahoo!)
Salt and Pepper to taste (Kosher salt, ya'll.)

Combine all ingredients except almonds and stir to combine. If possible, chill for an hour or so or even overnight before eating. Before serving, mix in the almonds.

Enjoy with lettuce, whole grain bread, pita chips, pita bread, tortillas, pop chips, whole grain club crackers, and a nice, cold glass of Gold Peak Sweet Tea. (Shhhh.)


+ h a p p y // t u e s d a y 

+ h a p p y // e a t i n g 


+ s t a y // g o l d 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground