Wishlist Wednesday // Handbag Essentials

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

p h o t o  // My current bag. Love at first sight, really. Satchels always and forever!

Friends, handbags are one of the hardest things for me to buy. Being a college student and young newly-wed I am all about budgeting, and bags are at the bottom of my budget because they can be pricey. It's not that I don't want a beautiful handbag or carry-on for shopping and running errands, it's just that I spend a lot of time wearing a backpack and spending money on groceries. A girl's gotta eat, right? A girl's also gotta treat herself sometimes too though.

Well I don't know about you, but when I want to treat myself, I do my research. I want it to be worth it and I want to get the most bang for my buck. That's why I love it when websites like Rue La La come out with guides to those items that you really want, but don't know much about. 

Rue La La's Handbag Guide is perfect for girls like me who want to know just what handbag is right for them. Plus, Rue La La offers luxury brands for great prices, so you don't have to break the bank if you want to reward yourself for carrying your thrifted bag all those years. I have always been a satchel girl, and the guide just confirmed that I was right about that, but it also introduced me to styles that I definitely want to try, because like I said, I'm a college girl and a reporter for my school's newspaper on the side. I wear a backpack a lot and I need to carry a lot of things. So when I'm home I want something that I can shove stuff in and go. #normcore #basic

So today I'm going to talk about some handbag styles I'm currently wishing for other than my go-to satchel and tell you what my essentials are, because you know we all have them. Burt's Bees chapstick, anyone? 

A Leather Tote of the most rustic nature

p h o t o 
Totes are the edgy and cool sister to the satchel. Totes can fit your whole life in them.  Plus they are so in right now and they come in all kinds of materials. Leather, cloth, canvas, that plastic-y material that looks like it's straight out of the '80's. You feel me? I mean if you want to master your street style, you gotta work a tote. A leather one isn't so bad either. Plus, the patina on this bag is absolutely gorgeous. Who wouldn't love it? I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here, but totes magotes. Oh and one more thing about totes. They are multi-functional. Take it on vacation, take it out on a picnic, take it to the beach, take it to church, take it to work...the possibilities are endless. 

The Baguette that looks like it's totally fetch

p h o t o 
 Here's the thing about baguettes...they make you prioritize and that's awesome. I know this one is completely on the opposite side of the spectrum or my style, but I am willing to take risks with a tiny bag. To be honest, this bag wouldn't hold all of my essentials, but it would hold the most important ones. Remember with baguettes it's all about priorities. Let's get real. Get one in a bright color for summer days. Get a metallic one for nights out. Or go simple and essential with a nice black or tan leather. Pop in your keys and your cards...and don't forget the Burts Bees, then you're good to go. Plus, you look really effortless and "I don't need all that baggage"-esque. We all need that in our life. Okay another "one more thing" this can be your one accessory if you're not a big accessories girl like me and like to wear the most minimal amount of color or jewelry. Ooo I can just imagine this one around my arm. Maaaaajor. 

And now for a few reasons why I love my satchel 


Reason #1 // The crossbody. It's so easy to carry around. They are every busy woman's dream. They never get in the way. As Rue La La says, it's the "valedictorian of the crossbody class." Yes it is. 

Reason #2 // They are a trendy piece that became an instant classic. Satchel's stand the test of time. 

Reason #3 // You can fit a lot of stuff in them. I mean, you have your satchel to thank for all the candy and burgers you snuck into the movie theater without getting caught.

Reason #4 // The materials are always good. Some are durable leather and some are canvas. I am all about that life. 

Reason #5 // They have cool hardware (I prefer gold) and get more beautiful with age. Face it, I'm a sucker for things that age like a fine wine or cheese. 

Handbag Essentials

1 // Burts Bees. How could I not? I need this stuff. NEED. 

2 // Hand lotion. No chapped hands. None. Dry skin gives me the creeps. 

3 // A brush. A mini one. Tangled hair and I don't get along.

4 // At least one lipgloss and two colored lip products. I am OBSESSED with these three right now

5 // A reporter's notebook...I use it for getting quotes and stories, but also for lists and an occasional game of M.A.S.H. 

6 // Gum. 

7 // An extra pair of socks. I don't even know why. Don't ask. 

8 // My waterbottle. Stay hydrated, kids. 

9 // Hand sanitizer for those times where I get that "I need to wash my hands but there is no bathroom nearby" feeling. 

10 // My cellphone. Of course. You thought I missed that one didn't you? 

Honorable Mentions 

Sometimes my charger. 

Sometimes a book. I'm currently reading Yes Please by the queen..not Bey. Queen Amy P. 

Sometimes movie theater treats for sneaking. 


What are your handbag essentials? What style of handbag do you carry or would want to carry? 

COMMENT BELOW AND CHECK OUT RUE LA LA'S HANDBAG GUIDE! Just do it. 

+ h a p p y // w i s h i n g 


+ s t a y // g o l d 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground