Style Profile // Talor

Wednesday, January 14, 2015


When I started thinking about the idea of doing a Style Profile series and the girls I wanted to feature for it, Talor was the first to come to mind. She is SO lovely. She is a dream, really. I knew Talor briefly in high school. We had friends of friends of friends, but when I went to college it was like we became friends over the internet and it has been the best cyber (and real life) friendship I have ever had. We have shared so many words with each other (her words are the best) and I look up to her (and her artistic skills), plus she has the best little love story. I'm so in love with her and her husband, Dean. #goals

Also, Talor has helped me through love, heartbreak, spiritual journeys, and self-love discoveries. She has also helped me develop my own personal style.

Talor, I'm so glad you shared your personal style with me. Enjoy!

p.s. she has also read more books than anyone on this earth and she's going to be the first female president. Just saying.

How would you describe your personal style?
My personal style is somewhere between a political candidate and a lazy college student with a hint of pizzazz.

How did you “find” your personal style?

It took me a while. In high school I kind of followed the trends of other people--which added up to a lot of fashion mistakes. But then I went to college and there were so many different, unique people and no one else seemed to judge others for how they dressed (What an idea!). That made me feel more comfortable to dress the way I liked--not what was in style.

 How do you plan your outfits or put them together?

 I am in college, so I don't always have time to put a beautiful, thoughtful outfit together. On those days, I usually pick jeans and a shirt with a collar on it and add on from there--whether it's a jacket, sweater, or a cardigan-- I've learned the hard way that when you're sitting in a class for two hours, you want to be comfortable, not tugging at a sleeve or pulling down a shirt. But lets be honest. There are days (aka finals week) where I wear my husband's best Star Wars shirt with leggings and try to take on the world. Because that counts as part of my style. I'm an imperfect human who loves Anikin Skywalker and I need to live accordingly.

Do you have any style “splurges”?

I love sweaters. And I tend to love the sweaters that people hate. Bright, or flashy, or lots of prints. I've loved sweaters since high school, but it took me a while to be confident in them. One day everyone decided to wear ugly sweaters (I was unaware) and I showed up to school in one of my favorites--it was from Old Navy and it had little and big horizontal stripes with different colors. All day people came up to me and said things like, "Awesome ugly sweater!" What. I was devastated. But now that it happens weekly basis (I'm almost not exaggerating), I learned how to shake it off. I like what I like and I try not to care what people think.


I stole this from Talor's instagram, which is beautiful, because I LOVED THE CAPTION: My wardrobe currently consists of: Dean's wardrobe. #yes #preach 

How does wearing your “uniform/favorite outfit” make you feel?
I feel comfortable. I try really hard to wear things that will portray me as the person I want to be. I want to be smart, I want to be capable, but I also want to have style--and I want people to know that and respect me. I want there to be power in what I wear, and I want it to work for a lot of occasions--like going to school, or going on a date, or becoming the first female president. A girl can dream.

 What do you like about your sense of style?

I really like my style--because it's mine. I like my bright, quirky sweaters. I like my colored jeans and polka dot pants. And I like that a lot of my pieces can be versatile and work together.

 Any style secrets we should know about?

Oh boy. I'm no expert, and I won't pretend to know what clashes and what blends or the rules about brown on black. But I do think it's important to know/remember that style is a personal thing. It's not just what is in magazines or online--it's all about you and how you want to look. Your style is you.

 Any signature item?

I would say my collared shirts are a big one--and all of my "ugly" sweaters.

Any trends you tried and regretted?

UM everything I tried in high school. Yikes. I went through a "hippie" phase, where I wore a lot of headbands around my forehead. Which a lot of people tend to pull off--when it's their actual style. But I just looked like a lost girl with something cutting off circulation to her brain.

 Anything you absolutely won’t wear?

Yes! Any shirt that has to be ironed, haha. But seriously, I try not to wear anything that I wouldn't be comfortable wearing. Sure, I will wear heels on Sundays or special occasions, but I wouldn't/couldn't wear them everyday. I will let someone with stronger feet take on that style.

Do you have an overall fashion philosophy?
Confidence is key. Be confident in who you are and who you want to become. If you dress yourself according to that, you can't really go wrong. 




+ t h a n k s // t a l o r 

+ s t a y // g o l d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground