Terrific Tuesday // 3 Things You Should Stop Thinking

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

//

And three things you should start thinking.

And how this is mostly written for me and slightly exaggerated.

1 // "Oh man, she has so many followers and she writes so well and she has the coolest clothes and prettiest instagram pictures. She has so many likes, so much more than I do. She must be better than me in every single way. I'm pretty much worthless and my social media life is crap."

What you should start thinking...

"Hey I'm glad I have such beautiful friends and I'm really glad that there is more to life than social media and likes and followers. Not that she's living her life behind a screen, but I'm glad that I'm not doing that. I'm glad I can take pictures and buy clothes and share my life with others, but I'm also glad that I have worth beyond that. One day those pictures will fade and the clothes won't fit and the likes won't matter like you thought they would.

2 // "If I eat this I will bloat like a balloon and turn into a fat lard."

What you should start thinking...

"You know what? Maybe there is a different alternative to this snack, a healthier option. If there isn't make sure not to gorge yourself and to go on a walk because you know how those things make your body feel. Just be good to yourself and don't deprive because you deserve good food and a full belly."

3 // "I wish I was in a different place in my life. I wish I was done with school. I wish I didn't have these hard things to deal with. I wish money grew on trees. I wish I didn't have to do anything. I wish I could stay in bed all day. I wish things were different. I wish more than anything." (I wish to go to the festival.)

What you should start thinking...

"I am grateful for the phase in life I'm in. Tina Fey said in her book that every girl goes through phases. Fat phases, skinny phases, happy phases, sad phases, mad phases, sappy phases, crazy phases, lazy phases, red fish, blue fish, one fish, two fish. This phase is leading me to something bigger and better and different so I better live it now. I am grateful for school. I get to learn! I get to expand my mind. I'm grateful for the hard things. They are the worst, but God is not punishing me. This is just mortal life. I am grateful for my job and the money that I do have in my bank account, may I be a good steward. I am grateful for the things I get to do and that I get to be productive and stay busy. I am grateful for the hours of sleep I do get, because there are some people that can't even get out of bed and all they want to do is step outside and feel the sunshine and fresh air. Different is good but routine is a part of life so I'll get with the routine and welcome change when it comes at its own will."

Anything you need to stop saying to yourself? Any words of motivation that get you through the day? Share, please! Let's motivate each other!

+ s t a y // g o l d 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground