NYFW 2015 Recap // 3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang, alice + olivia, Anna Sui

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Do I love fashion week? Yes I do.

Are there so many runway looks that I loved that I couldn't possible narrow them down to 13 or even 20? Yes.

Am I doing an alphabetical order recap? Of course.

If you don't like Fashion Week. I suggest that you don't read the blog for the rest of the week. Just saying.

Let's get to it!

Psst. All photos courtesy of HERE! I don't own any of these.


3.1 Philip Lim was all about moody reds, grey and black. Plaid, leather, fur and military details made their way on every girl that walked the runway. The girls wore minimal makeup with a striking red lip. I love the shoes in these two outfits. I didn't feature a bomber jacket, but the bomber made it's appearance in this show as well. I like Philip Lim's work because it's the perfect mix of feminity, laid back ease, and strokes of masculine detail in the shoes, pants or overcoat. 


Now I'm the curmudgeon that wasn't feeling Alexander Wang this year. It was too intense for me. I'm sorry. I know. I'm a fashion loser if I can't appreciate the coolest designer right now. Really though. So intense. This outfit stuck out though. The palette was similar to Philip Lim, but black was the shining star. The colors were practically the same really. This collection was Paris meets rocker grunge. Everything is edgy and looks like it was perfectly, yet haphazardly put together and that's what makes Alexander Wang, Alexander Wang. Can you believe he is a Parson drop out? 


alice + olivia has been a long time favorite. The pattern play in this collection is luxurious. The dresses were my favorite part and leave it to the brand to create the best skirt of all time. That fringe! Be still my beating heart.







If you're looking for Bohemian glamour, you're looking in the right place at Anna Sui. Can't you just see that white dress on Gigi at the original Woodstock or a clean and whimsical Coachella. Or the celebrity part of Coachella?! Haha. The patterns. The long cardigan. Bohemian isn't my look, but Anna Sui could convince me.

Ok that's it for the recap today! Stay tuned for Badly Mischka, Banana Republic, and Band of Outsiders next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground