Runway Recap // Carolina Herrera, Christian Siriano, Elizabeth and James

Monday, March 2, 2015

Oh hey, remember me? Remember me, Dani, the girl that runs this blog. Remember those Runway Recaps? Yeah, me too. They're still happening. Sorry about the absence. I'm going through some stuff right now. Not sure how soon I'm going to talk about it but I will. For now, enjoy this Runway Recap. As always photos are not my own and you can find them here.


Carolina Herrera is highly anticipated every year and it deserves to be. Her collections are the epitome of grace and classic silhouettes. You want to free like a million bucks? Wear a Carolina Herrera dress. Want to dress like you're the boss and you have three men walking behind you? Wear Carolina Herrera. These three dresses were show stoppers for me. Karlie looks amazing in this watercolor print that looks like a tempest. The white ensemble could pass as the chicest wedding dress and the black number is something that could go straight to the red carpet. Talk about regal. Talk about refined. Talk about Carolina Herrera. That woman. #muse. 


Leave it to Christian Siriano (my least favorite Project Runway contestant) to always pleasantly surprise. He took orange to the next level and he is the master of draping. The collection really speaks for itself. Couture with a wearable and flattering touch. 


If only I had been the one to design Elizabeth & James's line. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are my person goals. They are style stars. They are fashion moguls. They have the most beautiful line of clothing and I want to wear every last piece of it. Take Everyone and turn it up a notch. Take Androgyny and inject it with the slightest touch of more femininity. Take thigh-high boots and make them instantly classic with a blazer or instantly bohemian with a fringe person. Elizabeth and James has found its style aesthetic and they have run with it. 

Stay tuned for the next Runway Recap the long-awaited and highly loved...J.Crew! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground