Playlist Thursday // Jams

Thursday, May 21, 2015


On the first Thursday of my time here in California, Abby invited me to a relief society activity. The activity was supposed to be "Retro" and it was. We decorated cupcakes and ate retro salads loaded with mayo and jello (and I gagged once, okay maybe twice) (no but really some of the stuff was pretty delicious), I bonded with a really sweet lady and then we made jams...

Now here are some non-edible jams you should listen to.

1 // Lonely Town by Brandon Flowers 

Brandon Flowers, what a guy. I'm jamming to this one all day long. Singing along with the choir and trying not to think about how the lyrics are slightly creepy. If you haven't checked out his new album The Desired Effect, have no fear, I'm sharing some of the songs right...now. (I didn't want to rhyme, because I didn't want tomatoes thrown at me.)

2 // The Way It's Always Been by Brandon Flowers 

THIS SONG IS CHOCK FULL OF RELIGIOUS ALLUSIONS AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME THEN....I don't know what would happen. GUYS JUST LISTEN TO IT AND TELL ME "WAITING FOR THE SUN TO COME AGAIN" IS NOT A RELIGIOUS ALLUSION.

3 // Can't Deny My Love by Brandon Flowers 

80's inspired. Can't deny it's the way to my heart. Ok Dani, enough.

4 // Rather Be by Clean Bandit 

This is my "lip-sync in the car and in front of the mirror and when I'm alone driving to Von's to pick up Ben and Jerry's ice cream" song.

5 // Chandelier by Sia (Piano Version) 

I listen to this about 50 times a day. Singing goals. Sia embodies all of my singing goals. How could you deny the beauty of that voice? You absolutely can't. *weeps bitterly*

Happy listening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground