Autumn Asks

Sunday, September 27, 2015

//

Whats your favorite thing about Autumn? 

Oh I love so many things about Autumn, but my favorite thing has to be just the changing of the seasons. Utah is the best when it comes to seasons and this year we actually get a fall so it feels amazing. I love watching the leaves change colors and I love how the air becomes so crisp and cool. Although everything is dying in the fall, it's like everything has a new life with perfectly flushed cheeks.

What's you're favorite type of apple? 

Fuji, but in the fall, a honey crisp apple, and if we are being really serious here, a granny smith smothered in caramel and dipped in white chocolate and graham cracker. Yum.

What's your favorite seasonal drink? 

I tried to convince myself that I was a Pumpkin Spice Latte girl, but the caffeine killed my brain and so I am definitely a peppermint hot cocoa lady. Pumpkin coconut hot chocolate is the bomb too.

Do you prefer going out or staying in on a fall evening? 

It depends on the activity. Staying in  and watching a movie with a big bowl of popcorn is always the greatest, but fall is perfect for night games, corn mazes, walks in the park and even street events. Odyssey Dance Theatre's Thriller is coming up and I can't wait to go.

Favorite pair of shoes/boots you own? 

My Sam Edelman Petty boots in putty are my go-to. So comfortable and all-around stylish.

What's your favorite fall scent? 

Nivana White and Black by Elizabeth and James. Mix them.

Favorite Halloween candy? 

Caramel apple candy corn, oh and the novelty of the orange coated kitkat. Oh wait. THE CARAMEL APPLE SUCKERS THAT YOU COULD GET FOR LIKE 10 CENTS AT KINGS...or was that just me?

Have you ever been to a state fair? How was it? 

Yes, when I was little and all I can remember was the creepy carnival guys and the super hot tornado french fries. I wish they were more magical to me.

How many blankets do you sleep with in the fall/winter? 

Three, but I love my down comfortable and that is enough for me.

How do you spend a night-in in the fall? 

On the couch eating a beautiful slice of homemade pizza, watching a Wes Andersen film or playing a cheeky card game.

Do you plan on going out for Halloween this year? And as what? 

Yes, but the idea of a couples costume really stresses me out because I never know what to do. Like do I even believe in the spirit of couples costumes. Are Tyler and I even in love if we don't do a couples costume. Oh what fresh hell is this!?!

How do you make/order your hot chocolate? 

2 cups half and half or milk or whatever. 1 cup chocolate chips and then the options are endless. I love mine with coconut or peppermint.

What's your favorite color the leaves turn? 

That gorgeous bright red that could be made into a gorgeous fall lipstick or blush.

How do you decorate for fall/Halloween? 

I have an apartment and I really am lazy when it comes to holiday decorating. I have a calavera I got from mexico and it's the best thing ever. So...yeah...

Is pumpkin spice worth the hype? 

If it's in bread form with an obnoxious amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips.

What's your favorite autumnal dessert? 

Pumpkin bars are my jam. I also love a perfectly cakey cider donut.

What's your idea of the perfect rainy day? 

Windows slightly open for that chilly breeze, sweater+leggings, soft and easy music, good food, lots of laughter and the perfect grey stillness.

What's your favorite sweater? 

ALL OF THEM. Oversized and not itchy preferably.

What's your favorite album to listen to in the fall? 

Bon Iver by Bon Iver or Only Kingdom by Ben Howard


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground