turtlenecks

Saturday, December 17, 2016

i know, i know...eyebrows STILL struggling. i have a heavy hand and i know how to use it. but look at dat half smile though. and the beauty blender foundation. and that eyeliner wing. am i getting carried away? yes...yes I am. 

#RealTalk for a second here, I have always been a little self-conscious about my chin and round face. It's a shame, really, because I inherited my chin from my beautiful mom and grandma who both are my greatest role models and inspirations and girl crushes. How could I not dig my chin that came straight from the genes of the two best women on the planet? It's a mystery and it's one of those things that comes with being human. Is there a person out there that's not self-conscious about something? I wish I could make that go away because it's the worst and it keeps you from trying new things...like turtlenecks. My insecurity about my chin made me stay away from turtlenecks. UNTIL TODAY AND UNTIL I GOT MY COOL NEW HAIRCUT.

Inserting pic of haircut here:

JK then that would be two pictures of my face, and you can KINDA see the haircut above. Just look. Yeah...look straight into my big, brown eyes. Did we have a connection? I hope so. Did you notice that my inner corner shadow isn't blended. I hope not.

Anyway, so I got that haircut and I immediately thought, turtlenecks. This haircut would look super rad with a turtleneck. But then I also thought, but my chin. MY CHIN! My chin won't look good with a turtleneck. Well after seeing many of my cute friends in turtlenecks and perusing the online store called Janice/Jake/Jay/Jeffree/Jackson/Jean Period Crew I found one that I like. What does J.Crew stand for you guys? Someone tell me. And you can kinda see it in this picture.

And believe it or not, I LOVE it. I love, love, love it.

I am a convert to turtlenecks. I have a testimony of turtlenecks. Man Repeller was the missionary preaching turtlenecks and I was the investigator and I have been converted and I have also turned this into one of those mormon analogies that we are friggin good at. Would you look at that?

Here are a few reasons why I like turtlenecks now:

My chin doesn't look huge in them, and let me just say that i don't think my chin looks huge in anything...I think that's straight up my brain being a loser and making me see that. I am accepting my chin in turtlenecks and that's pretty awesome. MORE SELF LOVE. MORE TURTLENECKS. MORE STEVIE NICKS (she just came on while i was writing this.)

They keep you extra warm and cozy.

The one I'm wearing is oversized so you can eat lots of tacos in it.

They look great with haircuts that are to your chin.

And since I've only spent one day with this shirt, I'm sure there are more reasons why I'll love it but that's for another blog post. Not really, I'm not writing another one of these about turtlenecks.

So if you're still reading this and you're thinking...man I better try one of these things...here are a few links to get you started. Don't expect one for Christmas though, shipping will make that impossible for you. Afterwards though, then we can have a Turtleneck party.

How many times have I said turtleneck in this post? If you guess the right number, I will give you a free snapchat telling you how cool you are.

Now to the links:

The one I'm wearing. (I apologize in advance, it's only available in large and XL. Suckers, I wear those two sizes. ALL the turtlenecks for ME).

A classic, semi-fitted one to wear to church, you know the place where you make all of those analogies.

And finally, an outrageously expensive one that wouldn't look good on anyone except for Leandra Medine and the model in the picture. JK YOU CAN WEAR WHATEVER YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND YOU ARE WORTH IT AND YOU ARE A STAR.

So what do you think? Do ya think turtlenecks will still be a thing next month? Hopefully, because I just blew my whole life's savings on them.

P.S. I said turtleneck 18 times in this blog post.

1 comment:

  1. The Old Navy one! Can't decide what color/size, but it's so cheap I can't not get it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground