Playlist Thursday: Heartbreaker, Remixes, and Sun

Thursday, October 4, 2012

1. Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons

"From your slender dream see the morning dream. Sink into the soul, watch the water go. They won’t feel it like who can blame them?"

I will admit, a lot of people told me to listen to this song when Imagine Dragons' new album came out. I kinda didn't. I ignored it and didn't start listening to it until this week. Well I was missing out. I really want to see them in concert now, too bad I just missed the most recent one in SLC.

2. Warrior by Mark Foster, A-Trak, and Kimbra

"But I know I'm made for more!

What am I thinking? (If you're so sure it's rational)
While the worlds shrinking? (but that don't make it logical)
What am I thinking? (If you say I'm just an animal)
I feel like I'm sinking (you can't explain away the way I feel! )

And you're just pushing me down, pushing me down, pushing me down

(They tell you, 'Trust your head, be like men' but never feel like you're good enough)
You keep crushing me down, crushing me down, crushing me down
(They wanna take our light, make us fight, but never cry for the ones you love!)"


Kimbra and Mark Foster should collaborate more often. Also, I love it when she kicks the muchachos butt at the end. You go girl and keep singing like a soulful song bird.

3. How To Be a Heartbreaker by Marina and the Diamonds 

"Rule number one, is that you gotta have fun. But baby when you're done, you gotta be the first to run."

This one's for the ladies in the swimming pool. You know what I mean.

4. Heartbeats (Jose Gonzalez cover) by Scala & Kolacny Brothers 

"Ten days of perfect tunes
The colors, red and blue
We had a promise made
We were in love"


Pure beauty.

5.  Somebody That I Used to Know (KLAR and PF Remix by Gotye feat. Kimbra

I am pretty sure I am Gotye's only loyal fan now. Who cares if he's a one hit wonder. Seriously this song is great and this remix only makes it greater. Uh, 80's anyone? Beth/Rest anyone? Yes. Can I just listen to this song every single day? It's perfect for a night drive. It's amazing. Just listen, you won't be sorry.

6. Sun by Two Door Cinema Club 

"I built a hive, became one with the bees. But we fell like rain. Got lost into the sea. If I don't know. The wind will carry me. So just hold tight."

Can I just say that Two Door Cinema Club is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands? They are. I am falling in love. 

So that's all for today, but tomorrow I have some songs to feature in my favorites. I would add them right now, but it's currently 12:35 AM. It is time for bed. So stay tuned for more music tomorrow. Happy listening lovelies. Stay golden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground