To a New Year

Monday, December 31, 2012

Here is the reality of it all, I don't make a lot of resolutions and I don't reflect much on the year passing, but this year I am going to make some goals, make some resolutions and write them down. Some I will share, some I won't and they will take time and thought to make, so instead of sharing those right away, I thought I would share the highlights (although some may be silly) of my year. (The benefits of keeping a journal are right here, my friends.)

2012 Highlights in the Life of Dani 

1. I started this blog. I didn't think I'd have 16 followers...I know that's not much, but I don't care about that. I'm just grateful that I am able to write about feelings, life, and things I love, and people are actually reading it. I'm so grateful. I'm so happy I started this blog, and I can't wait to see where I take it this new year. If you have requests or suggestions for posts, feel free to comment below. I read each one. 

2. I finished my 1st year of college. I survived Freshman year, and I have loved every minute of my college experience. Even the hard things. The times when I've cried, and the times where I have been so terribly confused like I am right now. College opens up new paths and opportunities, I cannot wait to see where BYU leads me.  Bring on the rest of Sophomore year!

3. I started reading Stand a Little Taller by former church President, Gordon B. Hinckley. I will finish it tonight in fact. It has been one of the best things in my life. So inspirational and it has helped me take each day with an open heart and open mind. 

4. I let go of two guys that caused unnecessary grief in my life. I forgave a friend that I had been so angry at. I forgave the guy who tore us apart and let him go. I threw my feelings away. I took the weight off. 
I changed my feelings of self worth. I realized that I didn't need a guy to make me feel worth something. Especially one who was unkind and manipulative. 

5. I became best friends with the coolest kid from the Valley and I will forever be grateful for him. I will forever be grateful for taking the chance to try out for Chamber Quire, because if I hadn't I wouldn't have been able to get to know the wonderful Jarett that I know today. Boy, I love that kid. 

6. I met some other beautiful people. Talor, Karly, Leah, Aaron, Jack, Braden, Tyler, and so many others. Thank you for the friendship. 

7. I became better friends with some more beauties, Mak, Emilee, Kaitlyn, Megan, Hannah, Melissa, Eliza, Justen. 

8. My friends Justen, Micah, and Aaron went on missions. It has been so wonderful to see how they have grown. They are beautiful examples. May God bless them.

9. I ate lots of ice cream and rich foods. 

10. I fell in love with Bon Iver. 

11. I made friends through tumblr. Talor and Karly, I love you two sooo much. Really I do. Thank you for being my companions in search for lovely things. 

12. I watched GORGEOUS MOVIES: We Bought a Zoo, The Hunger Games, Skyfall, The Dark Knight Rises...just to name a few. 

13. I went to my first concert. Matt & Kim. Aw yeah baby. 

14. I went on a journey to find myself and find God. Thank you for the inspiration Talor. I am still on this journey and will be for the rest of my life, but I love it and I am learning every day. 

15. I read Roots: An American Saga by Alex Haley and other magnificent books...like The Fault in Our Stars. You should all read that in 2013.

16. I renewed my library card after 10 years of it being expired. 

17. The 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Yeah. The best. 

18. I got my wisdom teeth removed. Yep. 

19. I survived a sewing class. The hardest class I have ever taken. 

20. I tried so many new things, and I can't wait to try more. 

21. I let go of things that hurt me and said hello to happiness. 

22. I realized that I have many places to go, and many ways to grow. 

23. And let's not forget the Cleaning Piece. I tried to be kinder and I am going to keep trying. 

The new year brings so many opportunities. May we take them. What happened to you in 2012? What are your plans for tonight? Please share.



HAPPY NEW YEAR! Thank you for reading this silly and simple blog. Thank you for sticking around. Stay safe tonight. Hug those you love and stay gold. See you in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground