A Playlist In Which I Get Weepy about The Lumineers

Thursday, February 21, 2013

There's nothing really new in this playlist, I have shared a bunch of the songs already but...Oh how I love beautiful music. Here are some pretty tunes to listen to over and over again. Enjoy!

1. Hymn by Brooke Fraser

"If I flee from greenest pastures. Would you leave to look for me? Forfeit glory to come after. 'Til I only dwell in Thee."

 (Anything by Brooke Fraser, really.)

2. Stubborn Love by The Lumineers

"It's better to feel pain, than nothing at all. The opposite of love's indifference. So pay attention now, I'm standing on your porch screaming out, and I won't leave until you come downstairs."

3. Big Parade by The Lumineers

"Catholic priest, Catholic priest in a crisis
Torn between romance and Jesus, who will win the civil war
And he says I'm in love, I'm in love with a woman
Yea this is my confession, I'm leaving, I can't a priest anymore, anymore

And oh my my, oh hey hey
There he goes, the man of faith
Left the church for a fiancée
Let him love, a man of faith."


4. Morning Song by The Lumineers 

"And it's a shame that it ends this way...with nothing left to say. So just sit on your hands, while I walk away...And my car won't stop 'cause I cut the brakes. I hold on to a hope in my fate... May you return to love one day. Well I hope and I pray you get what you gave."

Confession: It's impossible for me NOT to cry during this song. Just listen to the lyrics and the pain in his voice. I need to see it in concert. I need to. 

If you haven't listened to all of The Lumineers music, I don't know what music you're listening to. All of their songs are gold.

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jean-Yves Thibaudet and Dario Marianelli 
One of the most beautiful movie soundtracks. I used to have the piano sheet music but a girl in my ward back home borrowed it and never gave it back...every time I ask her for it she changes the subject or says she gave it back. Lame. This was the best playlist I could find for all of the music, but if you have Spotify it's there and it is even worth a buy on iTunes

6. Babel by Mumford and Sons
The whole album. Just listen to it all. Go buy it. There is a reason why it got "Album of the Year".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground