Tunes

Thursday, March 21, 2013

1. Next To Me by Sleeping at Last 

"If time is money, then I'll spend it all for you. I will buy you flowers with the minutes we outgrew.
I'll turn hours into gardens, planted just for us to take. I'll be reckless with my days, building castles in your name."


Sleeping at Last: Yearbook. A-ma-zing. 

2. Who Are We Fooling by Brooke Fraser feat. Aqualung
  
"This beautiful tangle that's bruising us blue is the beautiful knot that we just can't undo. Together we're one but apart tell me who are we fooling."

Aqualung and Brooke Fraser should get married. Get married. Now.

3. We Found Each Other in The Dark by City and Colour

"Through the black star-less water, and the cold lonely air. On the rough, restless seas, the vessel in deep disrepair, and the swans they started singing but then oh, rejoice! I can still hear your voice. Then I heard the church bells from afar, but we found each other in the dark."

Oh this song is the best thing to ever happen to me. Well, that's a lie, but it's pretty close. How could a man have such a beautiful voice?

4. Baleen Morning by Balmorhea

Instrumentals are slowly becoming my very favorite. This is SO lovely. 

5. Woodstock by Brooke Fraser

"I came upon a child of God. He was walking along the road, and I asked him, where are you going? And this he told me: I'm going on down to yasgur's farm. I'm going to join in a rock 'n' roll band. I'm going to camp out on the land. I'm going to try an' get my soul free. We are stardust. We are golden. And we've got to get ourselves. Back to the garden."

So I can't find a link to this, and I'm thinking that is the case because this might be a cover, but enjoy this lovely tune on Spotify or if you can find it any where else. 

6. Now Is the Start by A Fine Frenzy

"Kiss...with a mouth of shooting stars. Of lost and broken hearts. Unafraid you can name your scars. With a touch of a new heart. It's the sound of a new start."

This song has never been more relevant in my life. It's about a fresh start. A start of something new. I need a new start.

7. Little Hell by City and Colour

"What if everything's just the way that it will be? Could it be that I am meant to cause you all this grief?"

Again. Relevant. 

8. Next To Me by Emeli Sande

"You won't find him trying to chase the devil, for money, fame, for power, out of grief. You won't ever find him where the rest go. You will find him, you'll find him next to me."

Two "Next To Me's" in one playlist. Yes. The new Adele? Well sorta. You're so close Emeli.

What are you listening to? 
Do you have any song reccommendations for me? 
Happy listening. 
Stay gold.
P.S. I'm posting TWO playlists today! Woopdeedoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground