Monday Musing // Let's get peeved

Monday, October 6, 2014

p h o t o 


It's not good to be peeved all the time. No one likes a negative nelly. No one. No one. No one. Also, no one likes a complainer but we are going to complain just a tad today. Just a tad, aight? Aight. Hey, that's my first peeve, the fact that I say aight? Aight like I'm back at good old Weber, grand old Weber. Ew doesn't that make you cringe a little? Yeah, me too.

Peeve #1: I don't like it when people tell you that you can't be peeved like it's a sin or something. Uh, I can be peeved and I can be positive. I mean I'm human, I feel emotions. Sure I can choose to let something go (Tyler has taught me this ten fold), but sometimes I get peeved. And sometimes feelings gets hurt. And sometimes people really bug. That doesn't mean I hate the world, nor does that mean I never intend to be happy.

Peeve #2: People who are not nice. Like just genuinely not nice. Or they are only kind to their close friends, but are they really? Unkind people are fake to me. If you don't like me, fine. Don't like me but don't fake it to my face that you do that's just not nice. You know what else isn't nice? The fact that you're not nice. Being nice to people will take you far. Oh and beyond being nice, being genuine and warm and inviting and completely aware of people and invested in them. Mom's are the best investors. Not all moms are...I know there are some moms who deeply struggle, but my mom was. Is.

Peeve #3: People who criticize what other people wear. Mind you own dang business and closet and let people rock what they want to rock.

Peeve #4: Dry hands. My own dry hands. You can have dry hands and I'm okay, but if I have dry hands then all hell breaks loose. That and dry lips. Holy moses, I can't do dry lips. I have literal anxiety attacks over dry lips.

Peeve #5: When people comment on how many grey shirts and striped shirts I have. Refer to #3.

Peeve #6: The fact that I have to work out. I know. I'm dumb. I should want to be healthy, but yeah. I'm not going to go any further. Ugh. Not being Beyonce, Mindy Kaling, Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, or Emma Watson. Just the fact that I need to work out or I'll bloat into a balloon no matter what I eat just bloooooooows. Ok, I'm fine. I actually like the way I feel after I work out. As much as a masochist as Edward Cullen, ya'll. Dani chill. Chill right now. Did I just make a twilight reference? Yes.

Peeve #7: Joanna Goddard and I share this one. Yeah like I'm on a first-name basis with Joanna Goddard. People who pronounce only certain words in an accent. Like "Notre Dame," "parmigiano-reggiano," "JalapeƱo," "Guacamole." Okay I do say spanish words in an accent. I bug myself.

Peeve #8: The fact that having dark hair means visible split ends.

Peeve #9: People who leave know-it-all, snarky comments on my Facebook posts. Step off.

Peeve #10: Loud eaters. Ooo. That's all I'm going to say. That is all. LOUD EATERS!

*nods in triumph, breathes a sigh of relief, flips hair with sass, claps hands in success, and swiftly and gracefully jumps of soapbox, walks out of the room, shuts the door, and flops onto her bed feeling completely feather-weight"

Any peeves you want to share?

+ s t a y //  g o l d

1 comment:

  1. Things that bug me:
    --When people take the gospel lightly
    --Non-filed nails that snag J. Crew sweaters
    --When people speak in French without even trying to use a French accent
    --When people make all kinds of sexual jokes right after you get married
    --How people think it's totally cool to make fun of Latter-day Saints (and yet if someone said the things people say about the Church when speaking about another church, there would be riots)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground