Monday Musing // Trends

Monday, October 13, 2014

I've been thinking a lot lately about trends. Have you noticed that every part of our lives is determine by trends. I mean, let's think about it. For a minute throw religion aside and think about it. We are driven by trends and as much as we would like to say that we are completely driven by God and our beliefs...that's not necessarily the case. Yes, it would be ideal if it was. I mean I would totally love to be so faithful that it didn't matter about anything else but my beliefs and God, but I struggle. I do. I worry about what people think of me and I worry about clothes and I worry about my weight and I think you get the picture now. I'm beating a dead horse. 

And to be honest it's taken me way too long to write this post. I have gone back and forth about it and I'm not really forming words right now...so I'll leave you with this quote. 


And you can replace fashion with technology, people, material things, stresses, anxieties etc. Just remember you are not to be acted upon. You act. I act. We act. 

"Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live." - Gianni Versace


+ s t a y // g o l d

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground