Saturday Stuff // Change

Saturday, January 31, 2015

//
So as you all know, I normally don't write on Saturdays, but today I just felt like I needed to write. I needed to let some feelings out. And those feelings are about change. For a few years now, I've watched YouTube videos. I have watched people's lives on YouTube. Yeah, I know. I'm one of those people. And I've really enjoyed it. Well recently, one of my favorites YouTubers, Ingrid, posted this video about her January Favorites, but it wasn't like any other favorites where she only talked about makeup, music, and clothes. This one was about change. It was about life and the transitions we go through when it comes down to it. At the end of her video she asked a question to her viewers. She asked what we think change is. Is it something that we should seek out or is it something that we should let run its course, and it really brought my thoughts in a whirl because I'm always thinking about change. I am. Change is all around me. Change is real. Change is good. Change is bad. Change is ever-evolving. Change is unexpected and change is expected all at the same time.

So do I seek after it? Or do I let it happen when it needs to and just like Ingrid, I think it's all in the middle. Change is the middle man. The liaison. The pain. The joy. The new beginning. Change can be your best friend or it can be the knife driven through your back.

In my life, there have been times where all I've done is seek out change. I've yearned for it. I've desired change so deeply that it has brought the saltiest of tears to my eyes and the strongest of anguish. And of course there was an opposite. There have been times where I've pushed any change away. I've knashed my teeth at it. I've tried to strike it away. And oh yes...

Oh yes there have been times where I've just accepted it, where I have greeted it like an old friend that has come around again.

I think we all need change. It's a must in life. She also mentioned reflection. Yes, reflection. I hate it and love it all at the same time. Reflection makes me vulnerable because it makes me realize where I fall short, but it also tells me where I've succeeded and where I'm going and who I'm becoming. Thank goodness for reflection. Change brings about reflection. So thank goodness for change too. Thank goodness for something that makes me think. Thank goodness for change that makes me want to be better.

Yeah, I know...sometimes change is the worst. Sometimes our bodies change in ways we don't want them to. Sometimes change rips our heart out. Sometimes it leaves us worn out, but I know that the sun rises the next day and that things work out. They really do.

So if there is a change you want to make or see  in your life, GO MAKE IT HAPPEN! Go get that change. Go embrace it!

And if there is a change happening right now in your life that's just getting the best of you, that's making you think that you're not good enough, or that's dimming your glorious and everlasting light, grab it by the horns and turn it. Turn it for your own good. Look it right in the eye and say, "You're not conquering me today, there is no way. Today you are MINE!" Then conquer it!

If you need the extra strength, let me be that strength. Let me be your shoulder. I will be that.

Hello Change, I'm ready for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground