Frankly my dear, I don't give a...

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Things that have been on my mind. On a Thursday where there should be a playlist...but right now I don't really care.

Right now I care about my home being a happy place, I care about making sure Tyler is taken care of and loved so fully that his own heart could burst.

Right now, I don't really care about how many views this blog gets, how many "likes" I get on Instagram pictures, facebook status updates, or how many comments I get on this blog.

I don't care that someone has a prettier wedding ring, wedding dress, or wedding photos, OR WEDDING AT ALL.

I don't care.

I don't care about tradition like throwing bouquets and wedding videos and "wedding dress" reveal photos.

I don't care about impressing people that aren't my husband, my loving parents, and my God. I don't.

And the sad thing is that people expect me to care. They want me to care, but I won't. Because if I start caring then I start being unhappy.

I like the way I've lived my life. I like my apartment. I liked my wedding dress. I liked my flowers. I thought my wedding was perfect in every way, even the two receptions. I LOVED my temple. I loved the beach. I love my family. Ultimately, I LOVE my husband. I love him with all the soul of my heart. I love what we have created. I am happy with where I am going and what I am becoming and people can't take that away from me. Attention and fame and being noticed doesn't matter to me. It doesn't. Even if writing this post makes me look like I want attention, that's not the case. Because girls shouldn't feel this way. No one should be expected to look a certain way or edit a photo a certain way. That doesn't define you. Who you serve and who you love and the kindness and light that you bring to this world defines. The beauty within you and your divine worth and potential defines you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground